Tuesday, January 27, 2009











I must say, I feel very fortunate to live in such a great city. I love my neighborhood, it takes less than one minute to walk my daughter to school, I'm a fifteen minute bike ride away from miles of singletrack, and I walk across our patio to work. 785 square feet of heaven is right behind my house thanks to the cabinet maker who lived in and cared for my house for 46 years.

The shop was unfinished when we moved in, no need to insulate if you're a woodworker and you have a wood stove in the corner the size of an Abarth. The stove has been replaced with an office, the walls insulated and finished and loads of lights to assist my hardening corneas. It's a work in progress, shops and studios evolve, I love the whole idea and process. I think it will be a great space to evolve myself into that back shop neighborhood wack- job, they're in every city, usually good-natured, creative and certainly harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment